TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A quick guide to the Historics and Laguna Seca
People Seeking Info

Subject A quick guide to the Historics and Laguna Seca

Posted by Tu on July 19, 2018 at 7:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 425 times.

Message Nissan is the features marque this year, there are 3 racing Z32's, along with numerous Datsuns, listed on the entry list.

The Z32s are in rungroup 7B. The schedule shows them racing sunday at 12:05 and 16:10. They also practice on thursday at 16:50 and friday at 16:40.

The Historics run all run groups once on thursday and friday for practice and qualifying. The 'As' run before lunch and the 'Bs' after lunch. On saturday only the 'A' groups run, sunday the 'B' groups.

A - Paddock area open to all. In recent years they have been a bit more organised in grouping similar cars on the same row. This makes finding a specific run group or car way easier. There are also some garages along the front straight.

B - There is usually a tent or 2 showcasing the featured marques history and some historic cars on static display.I have not seen a list of what is to be shown by Nissan this year. A couple of food places and the main gift shop are near by.

C - Food, stuff and more stuff... shirts, art, books, etc.

D - Car corral parking

E- Paid parking on the hill.

F - The famous Corkscrew at the top of the hill. No stands or seats. There is some shade available along with very limited food and drink. Restrooms. There are sometimes golf carts available to take you from the paddock to the top if needed.

G - General free parking, included with your ticket is off the map to the left. It's a bit of a walk but, there are usually numerous golf carts running if needed to take you to the start/finish foot bridge. ( near B )

And thanks to a scheduling miracle... or 2 or 3... I will be there for 3, if not all 4 days! But damn do I pay for it the rest of August, which is why I'm posting this so early. So it goes.

Be seeing you.Tu

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.